Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fighting Cock Roaster

Calm down everyone. It's not any name I've chosen. It's a new chicken shack over in Magnolia. Our friend Damon is the chef here and we stopped by to sample on Saturday. Three chix sammies and three chix (or tofu) meals. I love the simple concept. Look for Damon's pulled pork to come on the menu soon.

Try the Muay Thai sandwich. Besides, everyone at Sully's concurs. We'll be back for the meals sans bread. While I'm mentioning bread, I happily inform you that the freshly baked rolls (from a local Vietnamese outfit) are soft and delish. No crusty, ripping of the mouth roof action here.

Now they are missing a certain je ne sais quoi. Boston Jimmy and I were trying to figure it out last night. Is it a touch of salt? Perhaps a dash of cumin? An herb or other fresh veg. ingredient? Not sure but if they can figure it out, they'll have hit a home run and give Paseo and Baguette Box a run for their money.

Oh, and we ran into the owner last night on his wedding night chowing on some nachos with his new bride. Here's hoping their new venture takes off so they can celebrate their 1st anniversary in true style. Though they seemed plenty happy with pub nachos.

I can't wait to see the analytics for this post as far as what Google keywords sent readers this way. My post last year on the Thanksgiving creamed onions my sister-in-law made directed those looking for "creamed sisters" to march right in. Classy!

2 comments:

MMD said...

It's fish sauce. I think that's what it might be.... I do... I do!

Anonymous said...

I told Damon to add a dash of this, it is in the caddy, Damon likes traditional ingredients he knows, tell him next time you see him.