Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Side Dishes from Sisters In-Law

My sister in-law Kelly made the most fabulous side dishes for Thanksgiving. YUM, they were my favorites of the day: Brussel Sprouts and Creamed Onions.

Sisters in-law must be known for their onions. Mom's onions come from her sister in-law, Gege. I was convinced that my other aunt had a creamed recipe, but turns out her onions are one and the same as Gege's. Then my sister in-law shows up with the creamed onions. They were delish! Turns out the recipe is from Epicurous and you can find it here: GRATINEED MUSTARD CREAMED ONIONS. A note from Kelly: "it's a little heavy on the mustard; cut back a bit."

And then there were her bright chartreuse brussel sprouts, that was I was convinced had been blanched first to retain the vibrant color. Not according to their source, also Epicurious. BRUSSELS SPROUT HASH WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS are a keeper!

No comments: