Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Best Cesear in Seattle

Okay, this is not a scientific study as I don't typically order a Caesar salad when dining out and have never even considered making my own dressing (unless you count that time I watched Martha do it on TV and thought about it for a brief nanosecond).

Honestly, I'm often underwhelmed and wishing I'd spared the extra calories and ordered something a little more substantial... you know, something with spinach or other nutritious vegetables.

But last Sunday we meet friends for a bite before the latest Sonics debacle. OH MY. I am still salivating over the Caesar I tasted. Try it yourself. Head on over to Buckley's on lower Queen Anne. It's in the old Duke's spot on 1st West.

Speaking of Buckley's, word on the street has it that the chef hails from the Ruins. The Ruin's has many fine alum running the best of Seattle's dining establishments: from Le Pichet to Union.

Buckley's serves pub and comfort food... nothing too fancy, but the meals at our table were all well executed. Oh and my personal kudos goes to anyone who can correctly cook a burger medium rare. Palace Kitchen has been the only spot to date in my experience who didn't over do the temperature. Now I can Buckley's to the short list.

I loved that Caesar so much so that last night as my soup was finishing on the stove, I wanted to take the last bit of romaine lettuce from the fridge and patch together a store-ingredient based Caesar to go along with it. In my last minute bread run to the nearby QFC, I picked up a bottle of Cardini's and some croutons. It being 7:45, there was no way I was going to make dressing from scratch and I thought Cardini's would have been a passable bottled way to go. Not so.

Alas, I'll have to return to Buckley's for my new favorite salad....with pure joy I look forward to our next trip to this pub.

Did I mention the sweet potato fries?

No comments: